Cosmetic Glossary - A
Also known as: Acetyl Hexapeptide
- used as ingredient in anti-aging cosmetics
- relaxes facial muscle contractions and helps smoothen wrinkles
- acts similarly to Botox injections.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs)
Also known as: AHA
- water soluble compounds used in chemical peels and skin care products like moisturizers, cleansers, eye creams, sunscreen and foundations.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA)
Also known as: ALA
- antioxidant increasing the production of glutathione and boosting toxic substances dissolving in the liver
- used in preventing age-related diseases
- found in meats and vegetables such as spinach.
- substances and vitamins used in cosmetic products for their inhibiting properties, preventing oxidation and rancidity generated by oxygen or peroxide
- they act as anti-aging ingredients and by fighting the free radicals.
- fruit reputed to act as a stimulator of soluble collagen content in the skin
- rich in fats, enzymes and proteins
- used, most often, in creams, lotions and hair care products as oil obtained from seeds and pulp with rejuvenating and calming effect.
- oil extracted from the avocado fruit, pressed and refined
- very rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, D and E, amino acids, sterols, lecithin, essential fat acids and pantothenic acid
- effective in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, sensitive and irritated skin and other derma disorders.
- Active ingredient in Epidril
- Aminophylline has been used for many years as an asthma medication
- Some studies come to a conclusion that this substance might have the property to induce the release of fat from the fat cells.